Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Mars Cliff Dweller View

Mars Cliff Dweller View
I don't think there are any Martian cliff dwellers yet, though I seem to recall there were some fictional ancient cliff dwellers in Ben Bova's novel Mars - a pretty good book, though not the best of the Mars SF I have read. But I still like the cliff-perspective view in this Orbiter screen shot. It's an outtake from the final "photo session" to capture pictures for the Mars/Orbiter paper I've been working on and will finally present on Saturday in Washington, DC at the Mars Society Conference.

MSC should be a cool event - the keynote speaker Thursday morning will be NASA Administrator Mike Griffin, and Thursday afternoon I will join many other Mars enthusiasts in making the "case for Mars" with my representatives on Capitol Hill. Meanwhile I'm just happy that the presentation and the technical paper are both finally done. Thanks again to my co-authors Andy McSorley, Mark Paton, and Grant Bonin for all the great ideas, hundreds of emails, and zillions of hours of work on this project.

No comments: