- HMM Study: ESA Human Mission to Mars, executive summary
- Mars Direct by Robert Zubrin et al (1991 AIAA paper, the original - more Zubrin works here)
- MarsDrive Reference Mission, "Mars for Less"
- Mars Direct Project for Orbiter (project planning document)
- Mars Surface Reference Mission (NASA 2001, 114 page PDF, quite detailed, see also this)
Wednesday, March 22, 2006
Getting to Mars with PDF Propellent
What's the ISP of PDF? Unfortunately, PDF isn't actually a propellent, it's a publication format. Too bad, because there is a lot of it floating around the web. This bizarre thought was triggered by yet another "humans to Mars" study that I hadn't seen before, this one by the European Space Agency (thanks for the link, Andy). It's quite an interesting study. Here's a link to it, and a few more you might find interesting. Of course a Google search will turn up even more, and if you want to keep your search within NASA sites, you can always add the qualifier site:nasa.gov to your Google search string. All links below are PDF files.