Thursday, July 12, 2007

The Last Mimzy

It's a busy week for work and travel, but tomorrow I should have some pretty cool astronomical stuff to blog about. In the meantime...

I don't usually watch movies on airline flights, but this morning I happened to watch one I hadn't even heard of and was pleasantly surprised. The Last Mimzy is a family-friendly SF/fantasy movie about a brother and sister who find a box of mysterious objects on the beach one day. These "toys" can do some pretty wild things, and before long, so can Emma and Noah. And of course there's a special explanation for how and why the toys have shown up. Although the plot has a lot of elements borrowed from E.T. and invokes a bunch of paranormal "stuff" that I usually wouldn't buy, for me it all worked, and I really enjoyed the movie. It's just out on DVD.

No comments: