Monday, January 02, 2006

Orbiter Eye Candy

Station V with Earth 2001
The visual imagery of Orbiter can be really amazing. I've just seen some beautiful new screen shots by various users over at the Orbiter forum (check this post), and I also took a look at a new screen shot gallery web site, Mercury to Mimas. "SilvaHeed" already has a number of great shots there, and I really like the organizational approach of showing a series of labeled pictures from a mission to Mercury, Mars, or the Moon. Even a simple "storyline" can give a sense of purpose, place and time sequence. My own Flickr site exists mainly to illustrate this blog and is more random than this (though I usually post a few related pictures at a time). My gallery has grown to some 150 images to date (sample above is Station V from the film 2001: A Space Odyssey, part of the great World of 2001 add-on for Orbiter). Flickr is free and automatically stores pictures in multiple sizes so it's easy to set up your own gallery.

No comments: