Monday, September 17, 2007

Solar System Ambassadors: Apply Now

I should have mentioned this earlier - fortunately this Space Review article by Tom Hill reminded me. If you are a person in the US who is interested in doing space-related educational outreach, you may want to consider applying to the JPL Solar System Ambassadors program. Rather than repeat what Tom has said in his article, I suggest you read that, and also read the information on the JPL pages about the program.

If it sounds like something you'd like to do, then please apply - but do it quickly as they accept applications during the month of September only (no exceptions, as I discovered late fall 2005 when I first learned of the program - I had to wait until September 2006 to apply). Like Tom, I am in my first year as an ambassador, and I've really enjoyed the events I've presented and participated in with fellow ambassadors, and have found the materials and briefings provided by JPL to be very interesting and helpful.

No comments: