Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Go Discovery!

I was in a meeting and didn't get to watch it live, but the shuttle Discovery launched at 11:38 am this morning after a smooth and apparently trouble-free countdown and launch. STS-120 will be a busy mission with five space walks and a lot of construction activity on the ISS. I have been tied up with other things and have not followed preparations nearly as closely as I did for STS-118 back in August (when I was going down to attend the launch, which did wonders for my sense of involvement).

As usual, "David413" has kindly and diligently updated the shuttle fleet add-on packages to allow Orbiter users to simulate the STS-120 mission including its payload and planned changes to the ISS. I've downloaded but have not had a chance to try out the new stuff yet. Thanks Dave!

No comments: