Friday, October 31, 2008

Halloween Sky Show

I got a NASAgram about a nice collection of sky objects that will be visible in the southwest at sunset tonight. The moon will be a very thin crescent and only visible very close to the horizon just before it sets, Venus will be nearby and very bright, and Jupiter will be high and bright a bit to the east. This picture is from Stellarium. The NASA page has sky diagrams for tonight and for several other sky shows in the next few weeks.

I won't see this since I'll be on a plane over the Atlantic at that time, en route to Frankfurt and finally Salzburg. With regular work stuff, preparations for the trip, making phone calls to New Hampshire for Obama, and other campaign distractions, I haven't paid much attention to space and astronomy developments, let alone written about them. After this trip and the election, I'm hoping to get back into the swing of things.

No comments: