Saturday, June 13, 2009

Musical Obsession Returns

I don't know if it's official but it's true: I'm in one of my musical obsession phases. The last one was roughly 2001 to 2004, and resulted in my first album, "Jardin du Luxembourg" (shown, also on CD Baby). I'm now working on writing and recording songs for a new album, and that leads me to start thinking about performing again (starting with open mikes to try out new material, just me and my guitar). That might start in the summer at whatever spots I can find in the greater Boston area (there are quite a few as you can see from this list).

In the meantime I've updated my music web site (it still needs a lot of work, which might happen sometime) and set up a MySpace Music page to preview some of the new material including the title track for the new album, "Message from Tomorrow." I even joined Facebook (everybody's doing it).

I will still be writing about space and astronomy and doing educational outreach events, but I expect that music will be getting more time and attention the next few months, in my life and in this blog (I'm glad I used the ambiguous name "Music of the Spheres").

No comments: