Friday, August 28, 2009

Track of the Day

Today my song "Message from Tomorrow" is the pop-rock Track of the Day on Garageband.com. That and $2 will get you a ride on the Seattle Monorail (more on Seattle in the next few days), but it's better than not being the Track of the Day. The song has gotten somewhat mixed reviews with a current rating of 3.2 out of 5 stars, ranked 191 out of 274 on the pop-rock chart, but some of the review feedback has actually given me useful ideas for when I do final recording and mixing for this track, which is my main goal when I put songs up on GB.

Another song from the new album is up there too, "Achin' All the Time," and it's actually doing better than "Message from Tomorrow," which surprised me a bit because I thought "Message" was a much stronger song ("Achin'" is #152 with a review average of 4.4 out of 5). There's been useful feedback on this one too, mainly that the chorus is not distinct enough, so I've rewritten the melody and lyrics a bit for when I do final vocals on that one in the next few weeks.

No comments: