Monday, September 11, 2006

Outreach: Author Marianne Dyson

I just happened to find this web site through a Shuttle-related article at NSS. Marianne Dyson is a former NASA flight controller and an award-winning author of children's books on space subjects, Home on the Moon (grade 4-6) and Space Station Science (ages 9-12). Judging from the reviews and awards, these look to be very interesting books for kids (I have just ordered them myself). I have explored her web site, and it has some cool resources and activities. It's great when people with a real space-related background apply their experience and skills to educational writing and outreach as Ms Dyson is doing. As someone who is trying to develop space-related materials for kids, I'm really looking forward to reading her books.

No comments: