Friday, September 12, 2008

Have GPS, Will Travel

Tomorrow I will take another leap from my personal comfort zone and drive up to New Hampshire to canvass for Barack Obama. While Massachusetts should be pretty "safe" for Obama, New Hampshire is a battleground state that has been decided by fewer than 10,000 votes in the last two presidential elections (went for Bush in 2000, Kerry in 2004). So I will join a lot of other Obama supporters in trying to convince undecided New Hampshire voters to vote for Obama-Biden. I've also signed up to do this on a few more weekends this fall. I don't have any idea how it will go (I haven't done this since 1972 when I campaigned in college for George McGovern!), but I can talk with people about the issues, and I won't take it personally if a few of them slam the door in my face.

But first I will get to see and hear Senators Obama and Biden at a morning rally in Manchester, New Hampshire. That should be pretty cool.

No comments: