Thursday, December 08, 2005

On To Mars 2

More distractions! Why does Amazon keep sending me stuff? Just because I ordered it?

Just arrived: On To Mars 2: Exploring and Settling a New World, which includes 46 printed papers from the Mars Society conferences from 2002 to 2004, plus a CD-ROM with many additional papers in PDF form, as well as a 34 minute MPG movie. Just glancing through it, it's impressive to see the range of subjects, including a number of papers based on simulated Mars exploration research at the Mars Society desert and arctic research stations.

I won't be able to take the book to India, but the CD won't add much weight. I'm really hoping to attend the Mars Society 2006 conference in Washington, DC next August (it will be my first).

1 comment:

KaseiSol said...

Read the 1st Brian Enke article! Amazing! I am using many of his concepts in the planning phases of the Consortium. An inspiration