Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Space Expo 2008 at NEAM

This Sunday I will participate in Space Expo 2008 at the New England Air Museum, located near Bradley International Airport in Connecticut (between Springfield, MA and Hartford, CT). They have a pretty cool lineup with NASA astronaut Brian Duffy, moon rocks, space suits, mini-robots, and a chance to "pilot a space craft simulator."

That last part will be me - I will have a PC running Orbiter and visitors will have a few minutes to try final docking with the ISS (or something else if they prefer). I'll have a joystick set up since that makes it look more like a flight simulator even though it's really easier to dock with the numeric keypad thruster controls. I did this last year and it was fun for all, so I'm looking forward to meeting another real astronaut and providing "lead in training" for some potential future astronauts.

If you're in the New England area, come check it out. The air museum is cool too, with a lot of classic airplanes on display.

No comments: