Saturday, August 25, 2007

Barenaked in the Bathroom



I've always liked the Barenaked Ladies (BNL) - they're not my favorite band, but they're pretty funny, and they have a lot of cool songs. I've seen them a couple of times with my daughters, and they're great live too. So I was pleased when I stumbled on one of a series of "Bathroom Sessions" videos on someone's blog, with Ed Robertson singing and playing acoustic guitar in yes, a bathroom, joined by Steven Page on some songs. The simplest music videos ever, but really personal and cool. I don't perform any BNL songs in my half-vast repertoire of half-remembered cover songs, but watching Ed playing them now, I can see that he uses the same 8 or 10 chords I use in my songs, so maybe I'll try to learn the rest of the tongue-twisting lyrics of One Week and do it at the next family party. Who Needs Sleep is also one my favorites, especially the "hala-hala-hala" part.

No comments: