Wednesday, August 01, 2007

STARFEST 2007

STARFEST 2007 is the big annual event for the Aldrich Astronomical Society, and it will take place this Saturday, August 4, from 7 to 10 pm at Anna Maria College in Paxton, Massachusetts, not far from Worcester. There was a big article on Aldrich, amateur astronomy, and STARFEST in yesterday's Telegram & Gazette, so we're expecting an especially good crowd. There will be a number of telescopes set up for sky viewing as well as various indoor activities (and prizes).

I feel bad that I won't be there to present the "shuttle simulation" (a chance for people to try out docking with the ISS in Orbiter), because I'll be flying down to Orlando that evening for the NASA educational conference that starts Sunday morning (and the shuttle launch on Tuesday). But I'm sure my fellow Aldrich members will put on a great event as usual.

No comments: