Sunday, November 02, 2008

Salzburg Scenes





If I had to be stuck where I couldn't possibly help get out the vote for Obama in these nerve-wracking final days, I could have done worse than Salzburg. What a gorgeous city, and what amazing weather for an early November weekend (clear, sunny, warm). Here are a few pictures I took while wandering around today. Note that there is a small science connection here: a block away from a house where Mozart lived for many years, I noticed a plaque indicating the birthplace of physicist Christian Doppler (1803-1853), discoverer of you guessed it, the Doppler Effect of red-shift and other fame. And there are two Sound of Music connections in the pictures above. The cow is obvious (promoting the bus tour that I didn't take...this time), but do you know the other one?

1 comment:

Faizan Afzal said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.