Sunday, November 27, 2005

Why Space?

Thanks to Anthony Kendall, who referred me to to Technorati.com, I registered my blog there and thereby found at least one other blogger who shares my interest in Orbiter. Citing my recent Orbiter review and this blog, Spaceflight Sandbox wrote about some Orbiter experiences on November 15. Exploring further, I found an October 9 post titled "Why Space?" which offers some good ideas for how to answer (and how not to answer) this question when it is asked by someone from outside the Space Faithful.

1 comment:

Anthony Kendall said...

Thanks for that link to "Why Space?". I definitely agree that the Party Line response about benefits to humanity and so forth is not that effective a means of convincing people. I'm going to spend some time thinking about what to say to people that ask me that question, because I know that I certainly have not made any converts in the past with my answers.